Lilongwe City Council
SMI Technologies has transformed the on-street and off-street parking in Lilongwe, Malawi, for the City Council. The company has installed and implemented a state-of-the-art parking system that has significantly improved traffic conditions and the environment. The system has also created more than 200 jobs for local people.
Here are some specific ways in which the new parking system has improved Lilongwe:
- Reduced traffic congestion: The system has made it easier for drivers to find parking, which has reduced traffic congestion in the city center.
- Improved air quality: The system has reduced the number of vehicles circling the city center looking for parking, which has improved air quality.
- Created jobs: The construction and operation of the new parking system has created more than 200 jobs for local people.
- Increased revenue: The new parking system has generated more revenue for the City Council, which can be used to improve other aspects of the city.
The new parking system is a win-win for Lilongwe. It has improved traffic conditions, the environment, and the economy. SMI Technologies is to be commended for their work on this project.
Here are some additional details about the new parking system:
- The system uses a combination of sensors, software, and artificial intelligence to manage parking.
- The system is able to track the availability of parking spaces in real time.
- Drivers can pay for parking using a variety of methods, including cash, credit card, and mobile phone.
- The system is monitored 24/7 to ensure that it is operating properly.
The new parking system is a significant investment in the future of Lilongwe. It will help to make the city a more livable and sustainable place